CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

So Stinken Smart

April 24th, 2007

So I'm in the post office today and behind me is a line of about 10 people. The post office is quiet, minus the whispers of my four children. After I finished my business at the counter with children swirling about my ankles, I do a quick glance over to count kids. I have a lot, ya know. I say, "Ok girls, let's go." and then look over my shoulder and circle around, looking for the baby who I thought had wondered off. I say, "Where is the baby?" to which Tessa replies, "In your arms." Then the entire post office burst into uncontrollable laughter!!! LOL. I turned bright red and moved down the counter to mail out my letters, baby on hip to the laughter of complete strangers. The postmaster had tears in her eyes she was laughing so hard. We had some banter back and forth, myself and the line of people that is, about how we all forget important, obvious things. I just could not recover from it. I snickered and giggled for like the next 30 minutes. Truly, one of my shinning moments. Oh, and I meant to tell you that I had a similar moment of brilliance at the Wal-Mart earlier this week where I actually walked off, pushing somebody else's shopping cart!! What's the matter with me?!!! Don't answer that.

3 comments:

Shan said...

HAHAHA! This is only one of the reasons I like you!! :D I LOVE those moments with the kids where I do something most ridiculous and my kids(mostly the oldest at this point) are laughing as hard as I am. It doesn't always include a whole post office though. Wheeze!
I did do the shopping cart thing recently. I was sharing a cart with Trish (the dish) and as I was putting in a 24pack of sodie pop, I noticed the whole cart was arranged like a game of Tetris. Each thing in the cart like a puzzle. I placed the pop in the only slot it would go in and was amazed that T would be so orderly(until I realized it was some elderly lady's careful placements). That was a strange moment in my brain.

Tabbitha said...

I would totally love to play cart Tetris!! And I know what you mean, exactly. I saw a friend in Wal-Mart a while back and I could NOT believe how arranged her cart was! Like even tallest to shortest, on top of the Tetris look. My brain did not compute such organization.

Adelia said...

Ok, I have my own post office incident as well. I had all 3 kids with me, the baby was in the stroller. We made it through the post office alright. We get to the van and unload the kiddies. I get myself in and begin to backup...except I hear this thumping sound. I stop and get out to see that I have been hitting my own stroller. The parking lot was full of people staring at me with their mouths agape. Of course, I look around and say, "At least the kid wasn't in there, right." Ya, that smoothed it over real nice. That's what I do--damage control. Seriously, that is one of my favorite mothering moments. Thanks for sharing, it makes me feel like I'm okay...Ha!